From time immemorial, humans have felt the need to give meaning and significance to every element of the domestic universe, and the components of the color spectrum are no exception. The knowledge of the symbolism of colors opens the door to a universe of subtleties, in which the transmission of messages to those around is to be done in a multitude of ways, and not only directly.
The significance of purple is generally appreciated as a double one. Color is also considered to be the symbol of wealth, nobility, luxury and spirituality, mystery, magic. Often part of pretentious, modern arrangements, purple flowers are an excellent gift option for ladies and gentlemen of high society and, at the same time, for anyone passionate about the world of the unseen.
What are the most popular purple flowers, in which arrangements would they fit best and in what context is it appropriate to offer a bouquet composed of them?
1. Types of purple flowers that can be part of a bouquet: names, perfumes and symbolism
Mother Nature has given man a lot of fragrant wonders to enjoy and to give as gifts. When it comes to purple flowers, most people think of spring, but in reality, there are a lot of options at hand throughout the year. Sweeter or with a less strong smell, in vibrant or pastel colors, the possible choices in terms of purple flowers are suitable for any taste and preference. The most well-known and loved such flowers are, as follows:
- Hydrangeas: easy to find and grow in many shades that simply caress the eyes of those who admire them, bouquets of hydrangeas they enchant visually with their full shape and pale color.
- Roses: Give a lady a bouquet of roses and you will no doubt win his heart. Also available in shades of pink, purple and violet, they will be, without a doubt, part of the perfect gift for romantics.
- Lavender: fragrant and resistant in time, lavender is the kind of flower that will conquer any nostalgic, nature lover and passionate about beauty.
- The wedges: completely and utterly distinct from their fragrant and translucent smiles, the wedges are a symbol of distinction. Their clean appearance makes them suitable for any kind of event, including the less happy ones and those that impose the need for a solemn attitude.
Among the purple flowers suitable to be offered as a gift, either in bouquets or in pots, there are also irises, hyacinths, bats, bouquets of lisianthus and brandies.
2. Purple floral arrangements and more: with what other flowers can you complete such a bouquet?
Monochrome floral arrangements can't go wrong. In principle, as long as the elements in the composition are part of the same color spectrum, the viewers will be delighted by the homogeneity of the ensemble.
When it comes to completing such an ensemble with flowers of various sizes and colors, the situation becomes slightly more complicated, but not impossible to master. A balanced composition can also contain green, white, yellow, blue or even pink plants. A skilled florist will know how to arrange such a bouquet with the mastery of an artist and will also be able to advise you when you want the gift offered to the special lady in your life to be your own creation.
3. On what occasion is it appropriate to offer bouquets of purple flowers?
There is no rule that purple flowers should be offered only in certain contexts. In principle, this color is used both in arrangements intended to offer as a gift to brides and new mothers, as well as in funeral wreaths or bouquets to be offered to those in distress.
However, it is important to know that some people who are passionate about finding the hidden meaning in every gesture believe that purple flowers are a symbol of attraction and that giving such a bouquet as a gift to a lady means a deep admiration for her.
Regardless of their color, bouquets of flowers they are a wonderful gift for any fair sex and, in some special cases, even for a gentleman. Do not hesitate to offer them as often as possible, because they make the days more serene and the world more beautiful!
Photo source: Unsplash.com, Californiaflowers.ro