Since ancient times, people have felt the need to assign a meaning, a significance to each element of the domestic universe, and the components of the chromatic spectrum are no exception to this rule. Knowing the symbolism of colors opens the door to a universe of subtleties, in which the transmission of messages to those around you will be done in a multitude of ways, and not only directly.
The meaning of purple is generally appreciated as a double one. The color is, equally, considered to be the symbol of wealth, nobility, luxury and that of spirituality, mystery, magic. Often part of pretentious, modern arrangements, purple flowers are an excellent gift option for ladies and young ladies from high society and, at the same time, for anyone passionate about the world of the unseen.
What are the most famous purple flowers, in which arrangements would they fit best and in what context is it appropriate to offer a bouquet composed of them?
1. Types of purple flowers that can be part of a bouquet: names, perfumes and symbolism
Mother nature has given man a lot of fragrant wonders to enjoy and to give as gifts. When it comes to purple flowers, most people's thoughts turn to spring, but in reality, there are plenty of options available throughout the year. Sweeter or with a less strong smell, in vibrant or pastel colors, the possible choices in terms of purple flowers are suitable for all tastes and preferences. The most known and loved such flowers are, as follows:
- Hydrangeas: easy to find and cultivated in many shades that simply caress the eyes of the one who admires them, the bouquets of hydrangeas enchant visually with their full shape and pale color.
- Roses: give a lady a bouquet of roses and you will win her heart, without a doubt. Also available in shades of pink, purple and violet, they will undoubtedly be part of the perfect gift for the romantic.
- Lavender: fragrant and resistant over time, lavender is the kind of flower that will conquer any nostalgic, nature lover and beauty enthusiast.
- Cale: completely and utterly distinct from their fragrant and diaphanous faces, cale are a symbol of distinction. Their clean appearance makes them suitable for any kind of event, including the less happy ones and those that require a solemn attitude.
Irises, hyacinths, lilacs, lisianthus bouquets, and marigolds also belong among purple flowers suitable for giving as gifts, either in bouquets or in pots .
2. Purple floral arrangements and more: what other flowers can you complete such a bouquet with?
Monochrome floral arrangements can't go wrong. In principle, as long as the elements in the composition are part of the same chromatic spectrum, the viewers will be delighted by the homogeneity of the ensemble.
When it comes to completing such an ensemble with flowers of various sizes and colors, the situation becomes slightly more complicated, but not impossible to master. A balanced composition can also contain green, white, yellow, blue or even pink plants. A skilled florist will know how to arrange such a bouquet with the mastery of an artist and will also know how to advise you, when you want the gift offered to the special lady in your life to be your own creation.
3. On what occasion is it appropriate to give bouquets of purple flowers?
There is no rule that purple flowers should only be offered in certain contexts. In principle, this color is used both in arrangements intended to be given as gifts to brides and new mothers, as well as in funeral wreaths or bouquets to be offered to those in pain.
However, it is important to know that some of those passionate about searching for the hidden meaning in every gesture believe that purple flowers are a symbol of attractiveness and that giving such a bouquet to a lady as a gift signifies a deep admiration for her.
Regardless of their color, flower bouquets are a wonderful gift for any representative of the fairer sex and, in some special cases, even for a gentleman. Don't stop giving them as often as possible, because they make the days more serene and the world more beautiful!
Photo source: Unsplash.com, Californiaflowers.ro
California Flowers - Livram zambete si flori, acum si in Bucuresti!