The magic of the most beautiful flowers lies in the emotions that accompany them and in the joy of celebrating cherished moments. Flowers help us feel the ecstasy of small moments and anchor us in the present. Associated with love in all its guises, with the rebirth and charm of priceless moments, flowers have always been the symbols that convey love, appreciation and emotions that cannot be put into words.
If you could not convey all the appreciation you feel towards a dear person through words or a card, through flowers you can communicate the most special messages, because they have developed a unique language since Antiquity. If in history, numerous books and encyclopedias were written around flowers, aimed at explaining the language of flowers and translating the subtle messages behind them, today, flowers capture a language of care, admiration and love in all its guises.
- The most beautiful flowers and the symbolism behind them
- The most beautiful flowers in the world from one culture to another
- The most beautiful flower in the world captures the language of love
1. The most beautiful flowers and the symbolism behind them
Flowers have captured a rich symbolism since Antiquity, and throughout history they have developed a strong echo in mythology, folklore, literature and music. People have known since ancient times that strong feelings can be expressed more easily through flowers. In Antiquity, numerous deities associated with fertility and abundance appear in representations surrounded by flowers, and the mythical beauty continues to be transposed in art.
In literature, flowers have been codified in many ways, capturing the poses of love or the concept of ephemerality, and in the visual arts, there are many paintings with flowers that bring to mind the commemoration of those lost in battles. As a whole, the flowers manage to capture from one register to another the naive emotions and the messages of attention and affection that go beyond the barrier of words.
People became so concerned and fascinated by the messages that could be transmitted through flowers that they developed since the 19th century floral books or encyclopedias aimed at deciphering the intentions and feelings behind the flowers. These materials both instructed and explained how flowers should be offered to convey certain indirect messages, from the manner in which they were offered, to the species and colors.
In the Victorian era, ladies could look beyond the "apparent", through floral encyclopedias and books that developed fierce popularity. As the Victorians were not as exuberant as the people of today, they needed more ways to indirectly communicate certain messages and feelings. In these books, the feelings of the one who offered the flowers were decoded by colors and species, the answers to some questions and the intentions of the man who gave the flowers could be decoded. Depending on how they were handed, the flowers could answer certain questions. If a bouquet was offered with the right hand, the answer was positive, and a bouquet presented with the left hand came with an opposite answer. This is how we arrived at the development of a chromatic language of flowers, a language through which admirers or potential partners expressed their long-term interest and intentions.
2. The most beautiful flowers in the world from one culture to another
Although some myths have remained in time, the connotation of some flowers has been preserved, and certain geographical areas keep specific customs. Pink carnations have become a symbol that expresses pure love and naive feelings for Mother's Day in the USA, and in Korea, carnations are a basic symbol for Father's Day, through these flowers being expressed love for parents. In Flemish culture, the red ones were associated with romantic love, and the pink ones were often used with a decorative role at weddings. The lily is another flower with a specific connotation, being an important symbol for Christians, one connected to the Virgin Mary and often associated with Easter. In numerous representations, lilies are offered to the Virgin Mary or accompany the saints, being portrayed in most representations as a sign of purity.
Even if cultures and religions set certain symbols through flowers, when we talk about the chromatic register, in general, there seems to be a consensus, the meanings being quite similar. Among the most beautiful flowers that manage to convey strong emotions through the chromatic ranges are roses, lilies and poppies. White flowers are mostly associated with purity, rebirth and a new beginning, pink ones convey naive emotions and capture a more playful note, while red flowers find their meaning in romantic attachments.
- White flowers: they manage to unanimously express purity, they also symbolize rebirth and announce a new beginning
- Red flowers: bring passion to the center of attention, are a symbol of romantic attachments and communicate devotion
- Pink flowers: gracefully communicate joy and affection
- Orange and yellow flowers: express a large dose of optimism and enthusiasm
Each flower has a special beauty, communicates affection in a unique way and occupies the first place in the preferences of many people who really love flowers. A list of the most beautiful flowers or a top 10 most beautiful flowers in the world would be quite difficult to prepare, but if we refer to the most common and popular flowers offered, we can bring the following into discussion:
- Peonies: Love, beauty, happiness and abundance are hidden among the petals of these charming spring flowers. With a perfume that carries you through the most harmonious olfactory notes and an appearance that conquers every eye, peonies cannot be missing from the list of the most beautiful flowers in the world.
- Roses: If we were to associate romantic love with a symbol, besides the generic heart, the image of the red rose is one of the first representations that comes to mind. Red, white, pink, yellow or orange, roses have been a symbol of love since Antiquity, but also of beauty, being associated with Venus. Throughout history, their meaning has remained almost intact, and in most productions that bring romance to the fore, bouquets of roses are indispensable, and their place will not change soon.
- Tulips: With a symphony of colors and notes that delight all the senses, tulips are among the most appreciated flowers and capture through the chromatic range a variety of messages that convey love, joy, admiration, friendship and respect.
- Lysianthus: With an unmistakable softness and a precious delicacy, lysianthus impresses you from the first sight with a special elegance. The play of colors is charming, and such a flower expresses appreciation, gratitude and admiration in a unique way.
- Orchids: Love, beauty, power or perfection, all find their place in the range of meanings attributed to orchids since Antiquity. Orchids come in a delightful selection of colors through which you can elegantly express your respect, admiration or gratitude.
- Hydrangeas: The charm of hydrangeas is captured in legends that span numerous continents and eras, and above all the stories that have been written about them, hydrangeas and bouquets with hydrangea communicate even today the sincere expression of love and gratitude.
- Freesias: Through their unmistakable fragrance, as well as through the innocence and purity of these flowers, any bouquet becomes more vibrant. Due to the associated connotations, freesias are often offered at the birth of a child or are given to people to whom we want to convey trust, friendship and admiration.
3. The most beautiful flower in the world captures the language of love
The most beautiful flower on Earth remains the one accompanied by the most sincere expression of love. The most special flowers come in a variety of colors and fragrances that delight all the senses, but the sincere and naive emotions that accompany them always amplify their beauty. Whether we are talking about ancient Greece, about the more recent eras or about the present, flowers have always captured the expression of strong affection, and love always deserves to be celebrated through small symbols that awaken inspiration and anchor people in the present.
The most popular representations of romantic love do not only feature red roses, but also red tulips, red chrysanthemums or mistletoe, a plant with a rich meaning that reproduces the playful expression of love. Through a color that inspires passion and strong affections, flowers manage to successfully translate the strong emotions and deep admiration for the loved one. The deep expression of love is also transmitted through orange flowers, which, although they are not as widespread as roses or tulips, have a rich history and symbolism centered on a bond that defies the passage of time. According to historical meanings, the lilac is another flower that conveys the beginning of a love, and bouquets with white orchids capture the expression of pure love.
The most beautiful flowers bring the dearest people to the front and highlight the most beautiful emotions. Beyond the symphony of colors, beyond their beauty or rarity, flowers celebrate the present, convey a deep appreciation and communicate love and emotions that cannot be put into words.
Photo source: Pexels, Unsplash
California Flowers - Livram zambete si flori, acum si in Bucuresti!