Corporate gifts or business gifts have become more and more popular in recent years and this is due to the fact that they help employees, managers, entrepreneurs and not only to express their respect, appreciation and consideration through a beautiful gesture. Office gifts differ from those for loved ones in many ways, but the most important thing is that they are usually made of products that are difficult to fail. Specifically, products that have an aesthetic role or a functional role.
There are also a lot of corporate gift ideas that allow you to use your creativity to choose the perfect gift to express your appreciation with. Learn more about corporate gifts for employees: who they are for, how to choose them and how you can get involved in creating them.
1. Corporate gifts: for those who are NOT suitable
Business gifts are not suitable for everyone and are only offered in certain circumstances. Here's who such gifts are NOT suitable for:
Now that you know which people should not give you corporate gifts, it is time to read more about business or office gifts.
When can you give corporate gifts?
Corporate gifts can be offered in a lot of situations and are ideal especially in the work or professional environment:
- For employees. Whether you own your own business or are a team manager, business gifts are a great way to stimulate your employees and show them that you care about them. When choosing them, you need to take into account what you know about each one and, if you have the opportunity, choose them according to their preferences.
- For collaborators. Business partners, suppliers and collaborators are essential in any freelancing business or activity. The good running of the business depends on them and they help to make a profit. That's why, from time to time, it's nice to remind them that they are important to you and that you appreciate the professional relationship you have developed.
- For colleagues. Secret Santa and other special occasions are an opportunity to give business gifts to colleagues. You don't have to know all your colleagues very well to give them little attention for their birthday, Christmas or Easter, but just think about them and give them a small but useful or decorative gift.
- To offer congratulations or thanks. A business gift is perfect for occasions when you want to offer congratulations or thanks to a colleague, collaborator, manager or employee. You can opt for drinks, orchid boxes, bouquets of flowers, coffee or perfumes, depending on your budget and how well you know the person.
- For bosses. Bosses, managers and coordinators can be real role models for those they guide. Therefore, when you want to show your appreciation and respect for everything they teach you or for the opportunity they have given you, you can give them a business gift as a gift.
On what occasions are business gifts offered?
Business gifts can be offered on many occasions, which take place throughout the year:
- Christmas. Christmas is an occasion that is celebrated both in the family and at work, through various traditions and customs. From Secret Santa to Christmas parties, these are perfect opportunities to give corporate gifts to managers, employees, colleagues and partners.
- Paste. Easter is a very important holiday and, although it is not celebrated like Christmas, with a lot of decorations, carols and gifts, the attentions are a very nice gesture. You can offer bouquets of flowers as an Easter gift, vases and decorations, but also baskets or boxes of goodies, such as cakes.
- Birthdays. Birthdays are celebrated both in the family and at work. A corporate gift is a great way to wish a warm day Happy Birthday! to a person you work with.
- promotions. On the occasion of a promotion, you can show a colleague, former colleague or manager that you are happy for his success, giving him a corporate gift. The level of closeness does not necessarily matter, but only the sincere intention to wish him success and many successes in the future.
- Happy events. Marriage or the birth of a child are happy events that you sometimes share with the people you work with. Therefore, you can give as a gift various gifts such as bouquets of flowers, gift boxes or drinks and on the occasion of the birth of a baby or marriage. For newborns you can choose flower boxes or Stuffed toys.
2. Classic business gift ideas for employees
Classic business gifts include useful products or decorative elements that are almost impossible to miss:
- Bouquets of flowers. Bouquets of flowers are an ageless and emblematic gift for many occasions. You can offer them to your colleagues, boss or female business partners and you have a lot of options to choose from, depending on the occasion or season. From bouquets of tulips spring, until bouquets of roses In winter, flowers are a great way to express your respect and appreciation.
- Floral arrangements in the box. Also for ladies and gentlemen in the professional sphere, floral arrangements in a box are a good alternative for flower lovers, but also for decorators, who want to keep the flowers for as long as possible.
- Gift boxes or baskets. These are the most popular business gift options and are especially suitable for corporate events. Why? Because they are versatile, decorative and very useful. Many of them contain drinks, sweets, coffee, but also small decorative objects or small arrangements. They are perfect for Christmas so that those who receive them can share them with the whole family or place them under the Christmas tree.
- perfumery. For colleagues, managers or business partners, perfumes are a classic gift choice. If the person is one you know closely, then you can even choose the perfume he uses, and if you do not know the person very well, opt for a classic perfume from famous fashion houses.
- Small art objects. A painting, a piece of jewelry, a decoration, all these can be offered as a gift to colleagues, employees and collaborators. Choose according to what you know about that person, what you saw that he / she is passionate about or what he / she wears.
- Small electronics or appliances. Such products can be a great corporate gift. From espresso machines to smart headphones or speakers, a lot of electronic or home appliances can be successfully offered as a gift to business partners, managers or employees.
In addition to the classic corporate gift ideas, you can also opt for unconventional, unique ideas, but these are suitable when you know a little better the person to whom you are going to give a gift:
- Special pieces of furniture. A special piece of furniture is a unique business gift idea that you can make to your partners, employees or managers that you know quite well. It can be a table made of wood with a special design, a small, comfortable armchair, or a coffee table in a unique color. Try to choose small pieces of furniture, so as not to risk confusing the arrangement of the house of the person who will receive the gift, but also pieces with a unique element or a special story.
- A help that makes a difference. Many people have big dreams or maybe dreams that help them move forward. If you have a manager, a colleague, an employee or a partner you know has a dream and you have the opportunity to help him fulfill it, then give him a helping hand. It can be a specialization course, concert tickets that are hard to come by or financial help to fix something in the house. If you can offer a helping hand, do not hesitate to do so.
- An unique experience. A gift experience can be a great business gift idea, but you have to take into account the hobbies and desires of that person. Choose a parachute jump for your colleague who is passionate about extreme sports or a day at the spa for your colleague who is passionate about alternative therapies.
4. How to get involved in creating great corporate gifts
You can also get involved in creating corporate gifts, you can leave your mark, but also personalize when you have the opportunity:
- Add a greeting card. A greeting card may seem unimportant, but it can remain a memory and is a very nice addition to a gift, especially when it has a special message. Add a greeting card to the corporate gifts you give and write on each one a heartfelt message for the recipient. Thus, he will appreciate the gift even more, seeing that you rushed in time to send him a message.
- Choose items for a gift box. You can get involved in personalizing corporate gifts by choosing items or products from a gift box. Choose sweets and coffee for the gourmet manager, fine drinks for the employee who loves cocktails and flowers for the colleague who is passionate about decorations. Also, if you know that one of your colleagues is fasting, opt for a gift box with fasting products. The same applies to colleagues, managers or partners who have a certain lifestyle, suffer from allergies or have food bans.
- Decorate the packaging or wrap the gift in a special way. You can wrap or decorate the packaging of business gifts yourself to make your mark and show them to those who will receive them that you are personally involved.
Corporate gifts are a great way to show those around you that you care about them, that you respect them, that you appreciate them, that you care about them, and that you are with them. Try to adapt the gifts for the occasion, for example, for Christmas, choose products with a specific theme, and birthdays as well. Then add a personal note to each gift with a personalized greeting card or package. In this way, the one who will receive it will see that you have thought of him or her and you have really tried to make him / her happy.
Photo source: Unsplash.com, Californiaflowers.ro
California Flowers - Livram zambete si flori, acum si in Bucuresti!