Wedding. An event defined by emotional uniqueness, tears of happiness, colorful smiles, warm hugs and hearts beating in unison. It is not for nothing that it is said that it is a unique moment in everyone's life. The emotional experience that the bride and groom have on their wedding day is unmatched by anything else. Precisely to emphasize the mastery of this event loaded with significance, the details must not be ignored. And an important detail is the bridal bouquet . It is the accessory without which a bride cannot be defined. It is indispensable. It has the immeasurable power to fill in that missing percentage so that the entire setting, and the entire day, is perfect.
When the moment of choice comes, it is not exactly easy. Why? Because every woman wants to have the most beautiful bridal bouquet. And then special attention must be paid to details and flowers. But to make the choice easier, we have prepared this article regarding all the details related to the bridal bouquet. But how did it all begin?
- The most beautiful bridal bouquets
- How you can have the most beautiful bridal bouquet
2.1. What flowers are suitable for a bridal bouquet
2.2. What details must surprise the bridal bouquet
- Models of flower bouquets for the bride
1. The most beautiful bridal bouquets
Most of the time, the bridal bouquet is chosen to match the theme of the wedding, if there is one, or with the dress - maybe it has certain details on it that can be beautifully captured in the bouquet. Moreover, the bouquet connects, in general, the design and decoration of the entire wedding. It is not for nothing that it is the accessory that completes the wedding to perfection. And after the dress, the first thing the guests notice is the bouquet. Therefore, you must be careful of what you hold in your hand. But why do brides carry a bouquet of flowers? Where did this tradition start?
The history of the bridal bouquet
The practice of having a bridal bouquet at a wedding dates back to ancient times. The ancient Greeks and Egyptians held fragrant herbs in their hands to remove the bad luck of newly married couples. Those herbs together with the flowers symbolized a new beginning. They brought the hope of fertility, happiness and fidelity in the married couple. But the form of the bridal bouquet, as we all know it today, only materialized in the Victorian Era. The symbolism of the flowers in the bouquet was a very popular aspect back then. Brides communicated their feelings by choosing flowers for their wedding.
Another reason why brides had a bouquet of flowers at their wedding was to cover body odor with the fragrance of the flowers. In those days, hygiene was not given the attention it is today.
Until today, these customs and symbols have been lost. Today, the bride-to-be chooses from among the most beautiful bridal bouquets the bouquet that matches the decoration, the theme and the dress. Or that bouquet whose color she prefers.
2. How you can have the most beautiful bridal bouquet
The most beautiful bridal bouquets are those that define your style. You can have a bouquet of white, red or, why not, yellow or pink roses. It can be multicolored and with assorted flowers . It can be round or flowing. The flowers can be short or long tailed. There is no specific rule to create the most beautiful bridal bouquet. The only rule is that of your style. You can also take into account the design of the wedding, the theme or the hall. But for inspiration, I chose some of the most appreciated and sought after flowers by future brides and I wrote a little about them.
2.1. What flowers are suitable for a bridal bouquet
There are many options available for such a bouquet. If it seems difficult, help yourself from factors such as the budget, the location, the color palette of the decoration, etc. After all, flowers represent the element that brings elegance, perfume and creates a good and beautiful impression whose memory will last a long time. Because it is impossible to organize your wedding without a bouquet of flowers, here are the ideal flowers for such a special bouquet.
- The roses. The most famous flower bouquets are those with roses. Of different colors. They symbolize love and purity. Because roses come in a wide variety of colors, you can create a unique bouquet for your wedding day. The colors you can add to the bouquet can surprise the theme of the wedding or the palette of shades found in it.
- Peonies. These gorgeous flowers are considered the ideal flowers for spring and summer weddings. Because the flowers are large, with many petals and have a pleasant pink color, peonies go wonderfully in a bouquet with small flowers, cream or another pastel color. Peonies mean prosperity. Legends say that the presence of peonies at a wedding will make that marriage a very successful one.
- Orchids . These gorgeous flowers are eternal. They give a unique, tropical touch to any floral arrangement. With them you can create the most beautiful bridal bouquets. It symbolizes boundless beauty, refinement, love, but also luxury, opulence.
- The jasmines . If you want to add a touch of finesse and an inviting note of exotic perfume to your bouquet, then choose jasmine. Jasmine flowers have a symbolism of purity, innocence, admiration and respect. They are one of the ideal choices because they open completely and release the strong and delicate scent throughout the event.
- The ways. Although the people say that they are suitable flowers for funerals, callas were increasingly chosen for bridal bouquets. They are known for their special trumpet shape. They have a discreet smell and represent rebirth, innocence and admiration. And they are ideal for summer weddings. They are found in various colors such as orange, pink, yellow, purple and more. It looks very good when it joins the decorations in the hall.
- The water lilies . Although you wouldn't think of them as being part of a bridal bouquet, look, it's possible. You probably remember the royal wedding when Kate Middleton herself had a bridal bouquet made of lilies. They have a special fragrance that cannot be confused. They are spring flowers, so if your wedding will be in this season, then you will find lilies in abundance. On the other hand, if you want an autumn wedding and you want a bridal bouquet made of lilies, you will most likely have to pay a slightly higher price. This is because they are not so easy to find during the rest of the year. Therefore, in such a situation, it is best to just complete the bouquet with a few lilies in the middle. And in this form it can become a unique and extremely beautiful bouquet. And fragrant.
- Hydrangeas. These flowers are gorgeous. If you want a light bouquet of flowers, but very beautiful and special, at the same time, hydrangeas are the ideal choice. This is because on the stem grows a very large flower that resembles a heartbeat. Therefore, hydrangeas mean beauty, life, grace and gratitude. Only three hydrangea flowers can be enough to form the most beautiful bridal bouquet.
- The gardenias . Slightly more unusual, gardenias can create an extraordinary bridal bouquet. Their perfume cannot be confused with anything. They represent love, beauty, joviality and purity. They are flowers with a short tail, that's why they have to be glued to stay in the bouquet. This is, after all, an advantage because you don't have to worry about it falling. They are usually chosen by brides-to-be who want luxury and opulence at their weddings. They can be easily combined with other flowers to create an aesthetic bouquet. They are preferred by people who get married in the summer.
- The tulips . These are among the most versatile flowers on the planet. It easily combines the modern and artistic style of a wedding. They are available throughout the year and can be matched without much effort with any other flower. If you want a simple bouquet or simple but effective decorations for the big day, then you won't go wrong with tulips.
- Sunflower. A sunflower bouquet goes fantastically well with autumn. It can be complemented by ears of wheat and gerbera. An autumn wedding with the color palette of autumn will be highlighted wonderfully with such a bridal bouquet. The sunflower is resistant, so you don't have to worry that the bouquet will be damaged by the end of the evening.
- Amaryllis . Delicacy, pride, affection and friendship are the things that best define this flower. If we think about the fact that the name Amaryllis comes from Amarysso - a woman from Latin literature - it becomes increasingly clear that this flower is a more than inspired choice for a wedding bouquet. It is an extremely resistant flower, because, in its natural habitat, it blooms in December. And it is available in a variety of colors. Only good to give you multiple options to create the most beautiful bridal bouquet.
2.2. What details must surprise the bridal bouquet
In order to have the most beautiful bridal bouquet, you need to pay attention to several aspects. They are not complicated at all and will help you make your choice easier.
- Your tastes and personality.
This is the most important aspect. It's your big day, the wonderful day you've been waiting for a long time and that's why it's recommended to choose the bouquet according to your personality. There is no right or wrong choice. There is a choice you like. Of course, it helps a lot to keep in mind how long the freshness of the flowers lasts so you don't end up with a withered bouquet at the end of the day. But, basically, all the flowers that outline your personality are the most suitable.
- The meanings of the flowers in the bouquet.
What makes a bouquet very special is its personality. If there is a type of flower, or several, that mean something to you ( the flowers you received on your first birthday or on your first date, the flowers you received at your wedding request or the flowers you received on your first date , etc.) then you can create a bouquet not only beautiful, but also full of meaning. After all, your wedding day is one of the most beautiful days of your life. Why not have a bouquet full of beautiful memories?
You always have to pay attention to the proportions. Therefore, it is preferable that the style of the bouquet matches the dress, but also the physical aspects. For example, a short bride will not benefit from a flowing bouquet, just as a tall bride will not benefit from a tiny bouquet. There are no clear and specific rules, but the proportions are the detail that can make the difference.
The theme of the wedding .
This aspect has already been mentioned. Being the accessory that puts the last piece of the puzzle at your wedding, the recommendation is that the bouquet matches the theme of the wedding and the colors of the decoration.
3. Models of flower bouquets for the bride
- Bridal bouquet with cymbidium
- Bridal bouquet with cyclamen roses
- Bridal bouquet with white roses and orchids
- Bridal bouquet with white peonies and pink mini roses
- Bridal bouquet with salmon roses and ranunculus
- Bridal bouquet with yellow roses and hydrangea
- Bridal bouquet with roses and white freesias
In conclusion, the idea of the bridal bouquet dates back to antiquity. It is an old tradition that has been preserved until today. If until a few decades ago bouquets were, for the most part, simplistic, today the limit of imagination and creativity is the sky. The combinations of flowers, the perfume accents of certain types of flowers only form an authentic and elegant image of the bridal bouquet. It is definitely an accessory on which you can emphasize your personality. Through the bridal bouquet, you make visible a part of you and your love story. So, why limit yourself and not create the most beautiful bridal bouquet by choosing one, two, three or many more types of flowers. What does the bridal bouquet of your dreams look like?
Photo source: freepik.com, pexels.com, californiaflowers.ro
California Flowers - Livram zambete si flori, acum si in Bucuresti!